Dremel 220-01 is a versatile machine that is a must have for every house owner. You can enjoy the benefits of the three tools in a single set: a drill press, a flex shaft holder, and a rotary tool holder. This workstation is designed to assist you with the number of household tasks, beginning with the wood drilling, and ending up with the stone engraving. But to use the appliance properly, one should have at least the basic knowledge of the device operating process. If you haven’t done this kind of work before, we recommend you to consult with a professional prior to the use of the instrument.
Dremel 220-01 Rotary Review
Features of the drilling unit
- A flexible shaft tool stand – you can adjust the height of the working part from 16 to 29 inches
- Compatible with Dremel tool models – the rotary tool model numbers 100, 200, 275, 285, 300, 395, 400, and 800 are fully compatible. As for higher tool models, the compatibility is provided for numbers 3000, 4000, 4200, 8100, 8200 and 8220.
- A firm tool holder – a stationary tool holder, provides a stable and precise performing of tasks like grinding, sanding and polishing of metals. The drill stands strictly at 90 degrees to the work object.
- The nest for accessories – there is a storage on the top of the device, called the crow’s nest. You can keep bits and other accessories in it.
- The cable clippers – the power cord is always kept safe due to the Clippers at the side of the unit.
- Marks on the base – there are marks both in inches and metric on the base for your convenience.
- Stable and durable base – the base is durable and sturdy, providing the required stability during the performance.
- Comes with an articulate operation
The model can work with either perpendicular or inclined surface, making angled holes at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90 degrees.
- Has an adjustable shaft tool stand
The tool holder provides a firm position of the tool at any height adjusted. The height range varies from 16 to 29 inches.
- Covers a variety of tasks
The device is compatible with tools from number 100 to 8,220. With all those tools applied you can do the cutting, sharpening, grinding, routing, etc.
- One mounting point
Only one nut is available for attaching the drill to the collar. Thus, the device is not suitable for heavy duty works.
- Clamping made of ABS plastic
The clamps that come with the appliance are made of ABS plastic and are not very stable during high-speed performance. The custom fabricated clamps would be a right solution for this matter.
If you take a quick look at the customers’ reviews, you will see that the majority of the owners give only high rates to the product, being totally satisfied with the purchase. It received 4.1 points out of 5 possible; the numbers speak for themselves. We can only add that the appliance is convenient in use and shows a high performance in all working tasks. It is a reliable assistant in your household duties.
Latest posts by Robert Griffin (see all)
- JET 354165 JDP-15M 15″ Bench Drill Press ¾ HP Review - October 27, 2015
- Shop Fox W1668 3/4-HP 13″ Bench-Top Drill Press - October 27, 2015
- Rikon 30-100 8-Inch Drill Press - October 27, 2015